Leigh Academies Trust works with local businesses to find job opportunities for leavers. Please see below for our latest list of vacancies.
Engineering Higher Apprenticeship – BAE Systems
As an Engineering Higher Apprentice with BAE Systems, you will be working with a team of highly skilled, dedicated employees and fellow apprentices from across our Maritime Services busin ess. You’ll be part of a team that designs, maintains, repairs and upgrades ships and maritime equipment for navies around the world.
After studying at a specialist engineering college for a year, you will then start to balance your part time studies with full time work placements at one of our sites in the Solent region. Depending on your preferred discipline (mechanical, electrical, civil), your days could be spent testing software simulation, setting to work new pieces of kit on ships or designing energy solutions. All of your work throughout the apprenticeship will be contributing to the maritime services and support we provide to over 50% of the Royal Navy’s surface fleet.
Engineering Apprenticeship – BT
Engineering careers at BT are uniquely challenging, rewarding and diverse. You can specialise in power, switch, radio or network engineering roles. Whether you’re working in business or residential customers’ premises or out and about on our infrastructure, you’ll travel a lot. With a ‘can-do’ attitude, the difference BT makes is in your hands.
Whatever your background, there are ten particular qualities that we expect everyone here to demonstrate. We call them strengths. Do you share them?
Shaping a Better World –
Apprenticeship Vacancies Now Open
Do you know someone who is interested in the Engineering industry? Someone that wants to study whilst being in a real work environment?
Arup are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work we make a positive difference in the world.
We are currently looking for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join us as apprentices, with a desire to take the first step towards a long and fulfilling career. We are proud to have been awarded as one of the UK’s Top 60 Employers of Apprentices. It’s a testament to our commitment to providing the ideal start to their development.
The Arup apprenticeship allows individuals to acquire technical skills and qualifications whilst also building workplace knowhow. They will be able to apply their knowledge to real-life, inspiring projects.
“Our work within the built environment and infrastructure sectors across the country provides a fertile ground for us to recruit a number of apprentices in a number of areas – something which we will continue to actively support. Our approach will not only assist in providing us with the skills we need for the future, but also provide opportunities to those individuals interested in developing their careers in engineering, planning, design or business”.
— John Turzynski, Director
Benefits of joining Arup as an Apprentice
Apprentices will enjoy the opportunity to study for a paid, professionally-recognised qualification in a discipline that will help further their career. They’ll be allocated a mentor and a buddy to offer guidance, they’ll have access to our online network and be able to take internal courses.
We are recruiting for apprentices across many different disciplines including:
Accountancy | Building Service | Business and Admin | Civil Engineering | Digital Consulting| Environmental Consulting | Project Management | Quantity Surveying | Rail Design| Structural Engineering | Transport Planning |
School and college leaver, Assurance – PwC
A position on our School and college leaver programme is one of the best ways of jumping into a career with PwC early. You’ll learn and develop the specialist skills our clients look for and value most and study towards a professional qualification, with support from us all the way. The work is varied and includes investigating and analysing operational and financial risk, processes, systems and controls in order to make recommendations for improvement. Good communication, analytical skills and a strong eye for detail are therefore really important.
Join our leading practice and you’ll be part of the team that gets to grips with every aspect of clients’ activities, understanding their business to identify where our high-quality Assurance can add insight and value. It’s critical work that enhances corporate governance and plays an important role in ensuring the reliability and relevance of business information. Work with our prestigious client list and you’ll develop the business skills, knowledge and relationships you need to do well in a career that’s about so much more than numbers.
ICAEW Chartered Accountant
Become a chartered accountant through completing the ACA qualification, a combination of study, exams and practical work experience. The four key elements of the training are:
- 450 days of practical work experience
- A structured ethics programme, focussing on integrity, objectivity and independence
- A professionally development programme which covers seven key skills
- The 15 accountancy, finance and business modules.
Trainee Air Traffic Controllers – NATS
Our intensive traineeship takes around three years. The first nine months will see you training on simulators and studying relevant subjects from meteorology to law. You’ll then join us gaining live experience in an Ops room. Once validated as an ATCO, you’ll be earning upwards of £50,000. What’s more, as well as having the opportunity to work at any of the NATS 13 UK airports and two central Ops rooms, you could develop your career – and the science of controlling air traffic – across 30 other countries worldwide.
You will need to have a passion for the job, resilience, a calm nature, good powers of concentration, strong spatial awareness, and of course, good problem solving skills. You’ll also need to pass a medical. In terms of qualifications, you’ll need at least 5 GCSEs (although many people who join us have A levels and degrees, too).
Your students might be uncertain about whether to start work, complete an apprenticeship or go to university, if that’s the case then the IBM Futures scheme is the perfect solution. This gap year scheme offers them an invaluable opportunity to work with a world-leading company for 12-months, broadening their horizons and giving them a head start in their career.
We offer roles in both Business and Technology and whichever they choose we’ll give them everything they need to build the career they want, including fantastic support, training and development and a salary of £15k. They will need a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade 5-9 (including Maths and English Language) and must have completed at least 2 years in higher education (A-Levels or Equivalent).
After the 12 months are up there are no strings attached! They are free to do as they wish whether that means finding another job, heading off to University or converting to become an IBM Apprentice.
Hear from Izzy who is 6 months into her Futures scheme:
“I always knew I wanted to take a gap year after college but wasn’t exactly sure what to do during it. A lot of my ideas involved the kind of “typical” gap year – travelling/backpacking etc. but then I found out about the IBM Futures scheme. I thought this would be a more valuable use of my year as I could build a strong network, gain more work experience which I thought would really add value to my CV and most importantly it gave me time to think about and explore what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Now 6 months in I’m keeping my options open, I’ve applied to university to study History and Chinese and am considering applying to the degree apprenticeship at IBM.
As a future I’ve had a really great client-facing role, we’re in a fairly small location but that has meant there’s a really social environment and as a new project with people constantly joining the team, I’ve had the chance to meet interesting individuals from across IBM. Even in my first few months I was trusted with tasks that directly benefit the project, I’m constantly learning, with the team always willing to explain things I haven’t had experience with before.”
– Izzy Holt, Global Technical Solutions Future
Dstl employs some of the world’s brightest people. We are always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, creative and innovative individuals to join us.
At the end of the scheme you will have had a good mix of academic and work-based learning experiences to ensure you develop the skills that will support you and the organisation in the future.
Apprenticeships are a ladder of opportunity, giving young people and adults the chance they deserve to get on and fulfil their potential.
Dstl apprenticeships give you the opportunity to earn while you learn. We have a diverse and inclusive workforce making us an employer of choice.
At Dstl, as well as a rewarding career in defence science and technology, we operate a broad total reward and recognition package including
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- An on-site gym
- Restaurants & other facilities
As a member of the 5% club, we’re committed to ensuring that 5% of our workforce are apprentices, graduates or sponsored students on a structured programme over the next five years.
The apprenticeships we’re offering this year –
- Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical – Advanced
- Data Analyst – Higher
- Software Developer – Higher
- Aerospace Engineer – Degree
- Cyber Security – Degree
Like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/dstlearlycareers
Minimum entry requirements are 5 GCSE’s in Maths, Science and other STEM subjects. Our degree level apprenticeships have a minimum of 2 A levels in STEM based subjects.
If you want to work in broadcasting or the media, then kick-starting your career with training at the BBC is a great way to Get In.
As well as apprenticeships (aimed at school leavers) and traineeships (aimed at graduates) we can also offer two weeks of work experience – which is right for you?
We’re looking for people who are passionate about a career in one of the most interesting, demanding and creative industries out there. We’re not focused on your qualifications – what we want to know is whether you have the drive, commitment and ideas necessary to make it in the media.
Our full list of opportunities is below, with schemes opening throughout the year.
- Production Trainee Scheme
- Production Apprentice Scheme
- Journalism Trainee Scheme
- Digital Journalist Apprenticeship
- Legal Trainee Scheme
- BBC Scotland Apprenticeships
- Meet trainees and apprentices working across the BBC at the new Get In blog.
- Find out more about working in broadcasting and get the skills to go further at the BBC Academy website.
- Follow @BBCGetIn on Twitter or BBC Academy on Facebook and Instagram.
Highways Maintenance Apprentice – Connect Plus Services 2017
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Highways Maintenance
Region/State: South East
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Apprentice
About the role
We are looking for Highways Maintenance Operatives to join Apprenticeship scheme for a two year fixed term contract. Highways Maintenance Apprentices will be required to work as part of a versatile highways team, delivering both reactive highway maintenance and planned highway works. Out of hours emergency response and winter maintenance duties are also part of the role.
These Highways Apprentice roles will be based in:
Scratchwood (Borehamwood) , Leatherhead, Blunts Farm (Essex) and Swanley
What you’ll be doing
As a Highways Maintenance Apprentice, you will:
- Deliver Highways works efficiently and safely for the local area
- Liaising with members of the client team and Public to ensure that the client’s needs are met
- Working as part of a team to deliver reactive, emergency and other types of highways works in all weathers
- Responsible for onsite Health and Safety at all times
- Assisting in the delivery of the annual winter maintenance programme (Sept – April)
- Out of Hours Standby (on a rota basis)
Who we’re looking for
- Have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s A*- C (or equivalent) coupled with an interest in Highways Maintenance.
- Be focused on delivering high quality highway works, safely and to budget.
- An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety is a must.
- Having a flexible approach to your working day and be willing to work out of hours when required is essential.
- You will have a willingness to learn.
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
Why work for us
Salary & benefits
We offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits package and a travel allowance if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme visit the website www.balfourbeatty.com/careers and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any further support with your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date – 2nd May 2017
We are the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
Human Resources Apprenticeship
The M&G Apprenticeship Scheme
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within Human Resources – Learning, Talent & Inclusion Team.
Throughout the 12-18 month Apprenticeship you will work towards a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship, followed by relevant Learning & Talent qualifications; develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
The scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college. It is not a graduate programme.
Although this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete the qualifications during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
Human Resources – Learning, Talent and Inclusion
The Human Resources function at M&G is looking for an Apprentice to join its Learning, Talent and Inclusion team. The primary purpose of the role will be to provide administrative support across the team, which is split across 4 core areas:
- Learning & Regulatory Training – providing Investment Education, Qualifications, Technical and Professional Skills training
- Talent Development – identifying and developing M&G’s top talent and future leaders, including succession planning for business-critical roles
- Long Term Talent – recruiting and developing M&G’s Graduates and Apprentices, with early careers development support for ex-graduates and other long term talent
- Diversity & Inclusion and Talent Intelligence – promoting a diverse and inclusive work place through awareness initiatives, training and networks covering topics such as wellness and mental health, LGBT, and women’s professional development
In particular, the role will work alongside senior consultants and advisers to coordinate the provision of qualifications and training, including classroom courses and workshops, digital learning, coaching and mentoring programmes and other development initiatives. The scheme will give successful candidates a hands on and practical introduction to learning and talent development activity, as well as broader employee wellbeing and engagement initiatives.
- Training Coordination, Escalation and Reporting
- Processing training events, qualifications, enrolments and de-registrations on the learning management system
- Checking, printing and collation of course materials and booking and preparation of training facilities and environment
- Testing access, navigation and usability of online training modules and digital learning tools
- Reviewing and maintaining internal training logs and records
- Generating training reports to monitor completion status, course evaluation results and employee training needs and trends
- Email and inbox management – ensuring the email support inbox is monitored with timely response or cascade of queries
- Diary and meeting management – coordinating meetings and events with internal/external parties ensuring circulation of meeting papers
- Other responsibilities – processing invoices and providing adhoc admin support to the Talent and Inclusion team members
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points (240 old UCAS tariff), or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted a minimum 96 UCAS points (240 old UCAS tariff); demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
Take your first steps on the road towards a rewarding career, and earn while you learn and as an Apprentice at FM Conway Ltd
Located throughout London and at our Sevenoaks Head Office, our apprenticeships offer opportunities to train and qualify in a range of roles such as Civil Engineering Technician, Quantity Surveyor, Plant Mechanic, Highways Maintenance Operative, Street Lighting Electrician, Finance Assistant and Traffic Management operative.
We work collaboratively with the Construction Industry Training Board and other local approved colleges to offer GCSE and A’ level entry opportunities as an alternative to sixth form, or university. You will have hands on experience from day one doing a real job as a valuable member of our team. You will receive on-going training at work alongside skilled and experienced colleagues as well as learning in a college environment.
What’s in it for me?
- Generous hourly rate whilst at work and at college plus a performance related bonus & other great benefits.
- Recognised qualifications.
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from experienced and skilled colleagues.
- Be involved in high profile schemes and projects.
- Be part of a growing and innovative organisation.
- Grow and develop your career beyond your apprenticeship years.
- Business enrichment programme.
- You could win our Apprentice of the year award!
- Flexible start dates between July and September 2017.
Like our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter @fmconwayltd for news and updates
Contact us at email@example.com
Legal Administrator Apprentice (24 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Our Legal Administrator Apprentice role provides a fantastic opportunity for school leavers to gain excellent exposure across a number of practice groups. Our legal administration apprenticeship is a new and innovative alternative to higher education if you would like to earn while you learn.
This 24 month scheme is designed to help our successful candidates to develop the legal administration and business skills necessary for a career in the legal industry whilst completing a formal qualification. The role involves a rotation across six legal departments providing the unique opportunity to ensure that our apprentices gain the greatest exposure to learn from a range of specialists. They will also complete the CILEx Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Legal Administration with scope to advance to one Level 3 module based on performance.
The successful candidates will provide general day-to-day administration and co-ordination support for each department.
It is highly desirable that applicants have a genuine interest in the legal sector and a desire to work in a legal support role. Please note these roles are not a direct route to becoming a qualified lawyer at Baker McKenzie.
The successful applicants will be helping Personal Assistants support fee earners in London and must possess a strong client service focus enabling them to interact well with both external and internal clients at all levels.
It is essential that the successful applicants can demonstrate a professional attitude with strong organisational and time management skills. We are looking for candidates with a very strong work ethic and a genuine interest in further career development in legal support.
Duties will include:
- Call handling
- Scanning (bills/expenses)
- Assisting with matter openings
- Client event co-ordination
- Basic marketing co-ordination
- Billing administration
- Meeting organisation
- Travel organisation
- Bundling and indexing legal documents
- Assisting with capacity trackers and working arrangements
- Assisting with the use of the ‘Interaction’ system
- Document/letter (short) production (in conjunction with our Document Production Unit)
- Proof reading
- Ad-hoc administrative duties as required
Entry Requirements: 300 UCAS Points (or equivalent)
We are looking for someone who is willing with a flexible attitude and who displays:
Attention to detail: Quality and excellence are the foundations of our fluency; each of us is responsible for achieving uncompromisingly high standards in the service levels we provide and able to understand things from our internal clients’ perspective.
Strong Interpersonal Skills: Strong communicator, able to interact with team members and client contacts with confidence; able to listen effectively to truly understand needs and drivers of the business.
Communication & Presentation Skills: Solid verbal communication; excellent written and report writing skills; must be able to communicate in English to advanced standard in both written and verbal work.
Analysis and Insight: Good research skills; strong analytical thinking and ability; able to analyse key data and findings and then summarise for general presentation.
Organisation and Planning: Manages own workload to ensure work is completed in time and a quality service is delivered even when under pressure; prioritises tasks based on their importance and urgency; communicates to internal clients any delays in work or areas of clarification before work is due for completion.
Team work and Flexibility: Works harmoniously with different teams across the department and wider firm; proactively looks to support colleagues during times of heavy workload; shares information with colleagues relevant to their job; takes on new tasks as required and demonstrates flexibility and willingness to adapt to change.
In addition to the above, strong IT skills in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel would be an advantage.
Diversity and Inclusion: Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm.
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. We have more offices in more locations than any other law firm and most of our work has an international dimension.
Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. We’re aided in this by our culture- we call it Fluency- which describes how we work, think and behave when we are at our best. Fluency encourages high performance in a collaborative and fulfilling way. Every person in the firm is measured in line with Fluency.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and regularly involved in some of the country’s most high-profile legal matters. More than any other firm we can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of one of the world’s leading law firms but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- FT Innovative Lawyers Report 2014: Ranked 3rd Most Innovative Firm in Europe
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15: currently ranked 80th
- Chambers Global 2015: More lawyer and practice group rankings than any other firm globally
- The Lawyer European Awards 2015: International Firm of the Year
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2016: currently ranked 7th
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click here to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or email and request a hard copy version of the application form. You should then send your completed application form to:
The Recruitment Team
100 New Bridge Street
Please note the closing date for the applications is 20 April 2017.
Thinking about a career in accountancy?
Our dynamic and fast growing accountancy practice seeks a Trainee Accountant
If you are a highly motivated individual with a real interest in a long term career in accountancy then this role may be the ideal opportunity for you.
What we offer:
- Salary between £11,000 to £14,000 pa (depending on experience).
- Complete study Package for the AAT, ACA and/or ACCA qualification, which includes 30 days paid study leave and all course costs paid.
- Support during your studies.
Who are we looking for:
- Motivated young people
- Math and English GCSE grades (A-C)
- School Leavers with A Level grades (A-C)
- AAT qualified
- Degree graduates 2.1
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an Open Evening to take part in a group exercise and speed interviews. Further shortlisting will take place and those successful candidates will be invited to attend a work trial assessment followed by a competency based interview. Proposed start date for the successful candidate will be August 2016.
Find out more and apply:
Send an email and attach your CV and covering letter and address to Donna Bygrave,
Personnel Manager – Recruitment@a4g-llp.co.uk
PARTS ADVISORS | SERVICE TECHNICIANS | ADMINISTRATORS
Looking for a career… a trade that’ll last a lifetime? Looking to make a positive move into the world of business? Then come and take a look at PCL’s Apprentice Open Day on Sunday, 2nd April.
PCL is one of the South East’s premier truck and bus dealerships; with a staff of over 600 professionals looking after trucks, buses and even vans for a variety of well known customers from 4 sites across the South East.
PCL is the authorised dealer for MAN trucks and buses, one of Europe’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturers; in fact, it was whilst working at MAN over 100 years ago that Rudolph Diesel invented the world renowned ‘diesel engine’ that we still rely on to this day.
Right now PCL is growing fast and we’re looking for new young people to join us and develop with us over the coming months and years. Service Technicians, Parts Advisors and Office Administrators … PCL, in collaboration with MAN, can provide each of the successful candidates selected with a quality Apprenticeship that will provide the right training and experience for future development and success.
Here’s your chance to come along and find out about working for one of the country’s top truck and bus dealerships, to find out exactly what PCL and MAN can offer to those young people who want to learn a trade, who want to grow and develop their careers.
For more information and exactly what PCL’s Apprentice Open Day has to offer, simply go to our website: www.purcom.com for full details.
PCL’s Apprentice Open Day is on Sunday, 2nd April at their West Thurrock Dealership.
For further details visit: www.purcom.com
School Leavers Insights Afternoon – 30 May 2017
Work type: Apprenticeships
Categories: Graduate & Apprentice Events
On 30th May 2017, M&G are hosting an insights afternoon to provide more information on Apprenticeship Programmes within the Investment Management industry and M&G. Apprenticeships are integral to the future skills and leadership development for many successful businesses and the Government has made a commitment to invest more in apprenticeship schemes.
The event is open to school leavers (current or recent) who are looking to find out more about school leavers programmes as well as parents, teachers and careers advisors who wish to find out about skills development through apprenticeships in London.
You will have the opportunity to meet M&G employees who are passionate about skills development and the integral role they continue to play in the Government’s UK growth and skills strategy.
Students and school leavers will be able to gain insights into how to kick off professional careers by meeting current and former Apprentices and our business managers.
16.00 – 16.10 Arrival & Networking
16.10 – 16.15 Welcome
16.15 – 16.40 Apprenticeship Presentation by Lauren Salter, M&G Apprenticeship Scheme Manager
16.40 – 17.00 Former Apprentice Experiences
17.00 – 17.10 Business Manager Experience
17.10 – 17.40 Panel and Q&A
17.40 – 17.45 Close and Thank You
17.45 – 18.15 Networking and Refreshments
*Agenda is subject to change
Location: M&G, Governors House, Laurence Pountney Hill, London EC4R 0HH
Advertised: 20 Feb 2017 GMT Standard Time
Applications close: 28 May 2017 GMT Daylight Time
We offer a range of programmes across our network so young people can pick the one that’s right for them. Whichever option they choose, they will earn while they learn, gaining hands-on business experience as they work towards their professional qualifications.
With RSM, our students enjoy a fast-tracked business career that recognises they’re potential and rewards their ambition. Our two-year school leaver programme will give them all the skills and support they need to unlock a future that’s packed with opportunities and new experiences.
We offer a range of business areas in professional services for students to start their careers with us. Here are just a few:
- Accounting and business advisory
- Internal audit
- External Audit
After they have completed their 2 year programme, we would then offer a graduate scheme to them for an additional 3 years. This means they can be fully qualified in 5 years.
We are currently looking for school leavers to join RSM in August 2017. To find out more about our opportunities, please use the link below.
IT Operations is looking for an Apprentice to join our Release Operations team.
This team is responsible for the release of change into the production environments. The team has three parts:
- Environments – Responsible for the provision of controlled environments for development teams to test changes. In addition, the team also owns the pre-production environment used to test deployments before production rollout. A highly knowledgeable team with full exposure to the workings of the overnight batch.
- Deployments – Responsible for, and ownership of, the mechanisms used to promote change into controlled environments. Highly skilled in automation and scripting. Responsible for the infrastructure used by development, insuring minimal disruption and continuous availability.
- Release – Aligned with a portfolio of business change and to shape and manage the pipeline of technology changes. To organise and co-ordinate the implementation of releases.
We are primarily looking for someone to join the Environments Team; however there will be opportunity to move around the Release Operations team as a whole.
- Coordinate Environment activities including Batches/Refreshes/Infrastructure patches
- Investigate and diagnose bugs across code, data and infrastructure
- Act as a consultant to key stakeholders (Testing/Development) on testing strategies
- Carry out automation scripting tasks.
- Project manage Environment enhancement tasks across internal service providers and M&G
- Manage relationships with portfolios to ensure clear delivery to controlled environments eg prebatch and refresh automation
Who Can Apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted CCC at A Level (96 UCAS points); demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
Start date: June/July 2017
To apply or for more details please click here.
Apprenticeship at Uncle Buck
Uncle Buck has been providing online short term cash loans since 2004 and during this time our product offering has evolved to meet our customers’ needs. Our unsecured loans are designed to meet emergency cash flow needs and our aim is to provide a straightforward solution to these needs with a simple online application process and same day loan funding.
Uncle Buck are looking for an Apprentice Systems & Development Technician to work on the IT service desk resolving IT incidents. The IT team work in a dynamic and fast paced environment which provides services via an online service management system.
Your Duties will include:
- Diagnosing and resolving software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement workarounds with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible
- Escalating incidents to other support teams / management where necessary
- To accurately record, update and document Incident and Requests using the IT Service Desk application
- To install and configure new IT equipment
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners
- To maintain a first-class level of customer service at all times
- Ensuring that known issues and workarounds are documented and kept up to date to ensure that incidents can be resolved quickly and easily
- Ensuring that relevant Compliance and IT Security requirements are met and considered at all times
- Procurement of IT hardware and software when required
- Ensure that any issues that cannot be rectified internally are logged with external support companies and followed through to a resolution
35 hours a week, £230 per week (12k per year)
8am until 4pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch
Some on call until 8pm from home, and some weekends on call (paid overtime for this).
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Maidstone for up to 12 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals. The qualifications consist of:
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)
To apply for this apprenticeship, you will need at least 4 GCSE’s at A-C grade including English and Maths, aged 16-23, a solid passion for IT and no prior level 4 qualifications.
Join the Gills
APPRENTICE TEACHING ASSISTANT & SPORTS COACH OPPORTUNITIES
This is your opportunity to combine practical training in a job with study.
As an Apprentice you will:
- Work alongside experienced staff in a placement at a partner school.
- Gain job-specific skills
- Study towards a related qualification (NVQ Diploma in supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport whilst earning *£100 per week).
*Wages are dependent on age and how many years experience as an apprentice.
Trainee’s combine practical training with work experience study. As a Trainee you will:
- Work alongside experienced staff in a placement at a partner school.
- Gain job-specific skills
- Study towards a related qualification (BTEC Level 1 in sport or Level 1 Certificate in Football Coaching).
You can apply for an Apprenticship while you are still at school and a Traineeship if you are not in education with either a secondary school ) or a college.
To apply you will need to be:
- 16 or over
- Living in England
- Not in full-time education.
For more information please contact Freddie Wilson;
01634 350125 @GillsCommunity
PHOTOS COURTESY OF @gfcsportimages
As a local Kent based business, Channel Commercials. are currently looking for a number of candidates for the 2017 intake of our HGV Setr11ice Technician Apprenticeship Programme which is in Partnership with the UK’s Number 1 Truck Manufacturer DAF Trucks.
Channel Commercials is an established commercial vehicle dealer in Kent, providing sales, parts and servicing for OAF Trucks in the South-East.
The opportunity involves a three year manufacturer’s apprenticeship programme combining hands-on workshop experience based in one of our four depots in Kent, along with block release to the OAF Trucks College in the City of Bristol.
A minimum Grade C is required in GCSE (or equivalent) Maths, English and ICT. Applicants with predicted grades at or above this level are welcome to apply subject to these grades being achieved by September 2017.
Please find enclosed an information pack regarding our HGV Technician Apprenticeship Programme for distribution/display to your students.
Full details on how to apply can be found at www.channelcommercials.eo.uk/apprentice
Please note, the closing date for applications is 31st May 2017.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact me by phone 07836 785489 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Batcheller Monkhouse – Town Planning Apprentice
Includes one day a week at Chichester College
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Town Planning Technical Support and
ABBE Level 3 Diploma in Town Planning Technical Support
On completion of studies would be eligible for Associate Member of RTPI leading to membership as Chartered Town Planner
Entry Requirements: 2 A Levels (Grade C or above) or equivalent
To express an interest in this position, please contact Lynn Bayliss on lynn.bayliss
Marks and Spencer Tunbridge Wells
Vacancies in Kidswear, Menswear, Ladieswear, Lingerie, Foods
Find out more via careers.marksandspencer.com.
Goldex Investments – Junior Administrator
Do you like your coffee? Can you work in a busy office and hold your own? We are looking to recruit outstanding individuals to join our winning team and to make a real contribution to the success of our stores. You will be supporting the office in all aspects of business administration for both the Costa and Kaspas brands. If you want to be a part of the nation’s favourite coffee shop chain and a number one brand then this is the opportunity for you.
This position requires a high commitment to customer satisfaction and an ability to deliver the highest levels of customer service to our staff and our customers. Duties include:
- To monitor stores trading hours and sales.
- To communicate with all stores ensuring the smooth running of their day to day duties.
- To respond to the needs of the stores including orders where relevant.
- To resolve any problems which arise in stores including call outs for maintenance and machines.
- To be fully conversant with Microsoft Package especially Word and Excel.
- To arrange the Office diary booking in any appointments or meetings.
- To liaise with suppliers to set up and maintain accounts.
- To answer all incoming calls to the business in a timely fashion and dealing with relevant queries.
- To carry out any such ad hoc duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
Click here to download the full job description.
MidKent College offers intermediate, advanced and higher apprenticeships from age 16 and upwards (there is no upper age limit) for those who want to earn while they learn.
The College is approved as a provider of apprenticeships by the Skills Funding Agency. Employers advertise apprenticeship vacancies throughout the year so it’s always a good time to apply.
Click here to view the available apprenticeships.
The Land Securities’ Academy
The Land Securities Trainee Academy has been designed to change the landscape of opportunities available to school leavers and offer an academy which will develop the most gifted and focused school leavers to become home grown talent within our business. This scheme offers specific vocational training alongside the opportunity to obtain a formal qualification to support with professional development.
Whilst the primary focus of the programme will initially be working within the operational side of our business, our trainees will be given an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to all key areas of the Land Securities business including areas such as Asset Management, Health and Safety, Finance, Marketing and Human Resources.
The key to our success will be:
- The selection process – we will identify a diverse range of high calibre students who will flourish in our environment, have the core capabilities to work in this business and are passionate about building their career at Land Securities.
- The development process – we will provide clear and well-structured training and development to ensure high performance on the programme. This will be delivered through:
- On the job experience
- Business skills development
- Vocational training
- The management process – we will actively support our trainees through to their ‘graduation’ from the programme with direction, coaching and feedback from line managers.
The selection process for the programme will take place as follows:
- Online application form
- Interview with someone from the Land Securities Business
- Attendance at a one day Assessment Centre.
Applications for the Land Securities Academy are now open.